Cristiano Alviti was born and lives in Rome. He started painting at a very young age (he was self-taught). In painting he found a way to express himself, and later made a vocation of it to pay for his university studies.
This was an important phase, during which he experimented, studied and measured himself with various techniques, such as oil painting, mosaic, fresco and decoration. These are the techniques which, together with sculpture, represent the centre of his parallel activity to independent production: Officina Alviti, studio of painting, sculpture and interiors.
However, he never stopped developing the particular research which is peculiar to all his work: the interaction between the expression of one’s inner self and society, which embraces each individual. His favourite techniques are bronze and watercolour painting. He started to produce large-sized works and decided to espouse classic figurative arts and materials. He believed that he could not disown the classical essence of sculpting, more so because he was born and raised in Rome and the classical beauty of the city has always inspired his artistic experience.
MAIN PERSONAL EXHIBITIONS:
- WATER COLOUR EXPERIENCE, by Cristiano & Patrizio Alviti, 10th Nov-10th Dec. 2017, Roma, Officina Alviti, via de Delfini 17- 00186
- IDENTITA’, by Miriam Castelnuovo e Franco Fontana, Spazi Officine Farneto, Rome- 8th -21st July 2016
- EXSTRUERE SCIENTER, by Cristiano and Patrizio Alviti, Bruxelles, 9th Nov.- 9th Dec. 2016, EEASS-European External Action Service, Rue de Loi, 1000
- ACTA EST FABULA, by Cristiano and Patrizio Alviti, Roma, 7th-20th April,2016, Studio Legale Satta Romano & Associati, Foro Traiano 1° (catalogue)
- MINDFULNESS by Werner Bortolotti & Cristiano Alviti, Como, 2nd October 2015-6th November 2015 (catalogue). Exhibition in partnership with ISTRID, Accademia del Cerimoniale, LifeGate, Grandi Giardini Italiani, Fonderia Artistica Battaglia
- TREELOGY by Cristiano and Patrizio Alviti, Spazio Officina Alviti, via de Delfini 19 – 00186 Roma, 13th December 2014- 01st March 2015
- DECADE ALVITI by Cristiano and Patrizio Alviti, Galleria Studio MIC, via de Delfini 35 – 00186 Roma, 30th November 2012- 30th January 2013
- PROSPETTIVE EMOZIONALI– by Cristiano and Patrizio Alviti, Galleria Studio MIC., via de Delfini 35 – 00186 Roma, 30th March 2012 – 30th September 2012
- RELATA REFERO, by Myriam Cimillo e Silvia D’Ippolito, Complesso Monumentale dei Dioscuri – via Piacenza 1, 00184 Roma- 20th /30th April 2012 . (catalogue). Exhibition in partnership with MIBAC –DGBL –Direzione Generale per i Beni Librari, gli istituti Culturali ed il Diritto d’Autore
- ARCHEOVERTIGO, 53° INT. ART EXHIBITION LA BIENNALE OF VENICE, by Philippe Daverio, Venezia, Complesso Monumentale di Santa Maria Gloriosa ai Frari – Archivio di Stato, 06th June- 09th August 2009 (catalogue). Exhibition in partnership with MIBAC –DGBL –Direzione Generale per i Beni Librari, gli istituti Culturali ed il Diritto d’Autore, Città di Venezia, provincia di Venezia, Regione Veneto, regione Lazio, provincia di Roma, Fondazione La Biennale.
- ALVITIVERTIGO, Venezia, Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana – Sala Sansoviniana, 12th February- 29th March 2009 . Exhibition in partnership with MIBAC –DGBL –Direzione Generale per i Beni Librari, gli istituti Culturali ed il Diritto d’Autore
- FIGLI DELL’AFRICA. ARTE & GIOCO IN MOSTRA, Complesso Monumentale di San Michele a Ripa, Sala Clementina, Roma, 16th-29th April 2008. Exhibition in partnership with Fondazione Terre des hommes Italia, AMREF Italia e MEWE Onlus . Comune di Roma.
- DI LUCI E D’OMBRE, by Sergio Rossi, Roma, Archivio di Stato, loggiato di S. Ivo alla Sapienza, 16th–30th May 2006. Milano, Archivio di Stato, 20th September–19th October 2007 (catalogue). Exhibition in partership with MIBAC- Ministero per i Beni e le Attività Culturali, Regione Lazio, Comune di Roma.
- I PONTI DI ROMA, by Paola Magni, Roma, Studio Mic, 04th–27th November 2004. Mole Antonelliana, Torino, 01st–12th December 2004 (catalogue). Exhibition in partnership with Regione Lazio, Provincia di Roma, Comune di Roma.
- PAESAGGI DELL’ANIMA, by Vittoria Palazzo, Sala Lanfranchi, Circolo della Stampa, Milano, 29th March–5th April 2004 (catalogue)
- ARBOREA, by Paola Magni, Palazzo Valdina, Roma, 13th – 23th April 2003. Exhibited also in Firenze, Belluno, Bari, Potenza (catalogue). Exhibition in partership with Ministero delle Politiche Agricole e Forestali, Ministero per i beni e le Attività Culturali, Ministero dell’Ambiente e Tutela del Territorio.
- A V A ALVITI/VON THUNGEN/ALVITI, by Cristiano e Patrizio Alviti with Janine Von Thungen Galleria Studio MIC, via de Delfini 35- 00186 Roma, 30th November 2011- 10th January 2012
- CRISTIANO ALVITI PER LA GIORNATA MONDIALE PER IL CONTEMPORANEO, by Stanislao De Bonis, Galleria de’ Bonis, arte moderna e contemporanea, 9th October 2010 . Exhibition in partnership with Direzione generale per il paesaggio, le belle arti, l’architettura e l’arte contemporanee – Ministero per i Beni e le Attività Culturali and l’Alto Patronato del Presidente della Repubblica
- CPA PER LA GIORNATA MONDIALE PER IL CONTEMPORANEO, Galleria Studio MIC, Via de Delfini, 35 – 00186 Roma, 9th October 2010 . Exhibition in partnership with Direzione generale per il paesaggio, le belle arti, l’architettura e l’arte contemporanee – Ministero per i Beni e le Attività Culturali and l’Alto Patronato del Presidente della Repubblica.
- ARCHITETTURE DELLA MEMORIA, Art- Room Federico De Vittori, Via Fonte di Fauno 25, Roma, 4th December 2008–30th April 2009
- ECHTE BLUTEN, by Daniela Ciotola, Galerie in der Foestermuehle, Fuerth (Germania), 14th June-30th September 2007 (catalogue)
- FIGLI DELL’AFRICA, itinerant exhibition, Roma, Palazzetto Venezia, 01st December 2005, in partnership with UNICRI, MIBAC – Ministero per i Beni e le Attività Culturali, Comune di Roma, Parlamento Europeo, Ministero degli Affari Esteri.
- PRIMO DISTACCO, UN PROGETTO DI QUATTRO MOSTRE PIÙ UNO SPAZIO, by Daniela Ciotola, Studio Mic, Roma, 14th April – 20th July 2005 (catalogue). Exhibition in partnership with Comune di Roma – Assessorato alle Politiche Culturali
- NORD – SUD IMPRESSIONEN, by Josephin Tilegant, Strandhalle, Osteebad Ahrenshoop (Germania), 27th February–03rd April 2005
- ATMOSFERE DILUITE, by Giusy Caroppo, Galleria ARTissima 35, Barletta (BA), 18th December 2004–18th January 2005
- FINESTRE, a cura di Laura Clemens, Atelier Ute Schrader, Munich (Germania), 10th–15th December 2003 (catalogue)
- FORME IN SUPERFICIE, Roma, Studio Mic, 5th December 2003–6th January 2004 (catalogue)
- ARCO PICIOCCO, by Paola Magni, Trani (Ba), 24th–27th April 2003 (catalogue)
- MEMORIE DI SOGNI, by Paola Magni, Spazio Arte Abate, Roma, 20th November–10th December 2002
- GIORNI E IL VIAGGIO, by Vittoria Palazzo, Roma, Studio Mic, 17th Ocyober–3rd November 2001 (catalogue)
- ECHO, Spazi vissuti di riflesso, Fiera di Roma, Roma, 23rd October–2nd November 2000 (catalogue)
- UN DISEGNO PER NATALE, di Cristiano e Patrizio Alviti, Galleria Studio MIC, via de Delfini 35- 00186 Roma, 9th December 2010- 9th January 2011
MAIN COLLECTIVE EXHIBITIONS:
- BIAS 2018, The Biennal International Contemporary Sacred Art, The Gate, Tindari, 14th April- 14th october, 2018
- PADIGLIONE ITALIA , by Vittorio Sgarbi, Palazzo delle Esposizioni di Torino, December 17th 2011 – January 31th 2012
- INCONTRI D’ARTE, an exhibition of paintings and sculptures by the artists of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities, Villa Nazionale Pisani, Stra (VE), March 29th – April 27th 2008
- SCONFINAMENTI. DALLA “BUONA PITTURA” ALLA VIDEO-ART, by Sergio Rossi, Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant’Angelo, Roma, February 9th 2008 – April 20th 2008 (Catalogue)
- XXIV BIENNALE DEGLI ARTISTI DEL MEDITERRANEO- PADIGLIONE ITALIA, by Marco Fioramanti, Alexandria, November 6th 2007
- BALTICO – MEDITERRANEO. ITALIA E FINLANDIA A CONFRONTO, by Sergio Rossi, Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant’Angelo, Roma, January 23rd 2007 – April 10th 2007 (Catalogue)
- L’ARTE DELL’UOVO DI PASQUA, by Sergio Valente, Complesso Monumentale del Vittoriano, Rome, March 28th – 31st 2006 (Catalogue)
- ARCHITETTURE DELLA MEMORIA, LO STUDIO, Studio d’arte Mic, Roma, December 14th 2005 – January 10th 2006
- 13 X 17 – WWW.PADIGLIONEITALIA, travelling exhibition, opened in Venice, Church of San Gallo, July 2005. Also showcased in Biella, Potenza, Milan, Naples, Bologna and Rome, (Catalogue)
- IN BALIA DELL’ARTE, by Cristina Trivellin and Alberto Mattia Martini, Certaldo Alto (Siena), Palazzo Pretorio, May 8th – 16th 2004. (Catalogue)
- QUANDO L’ACQUA DIVENTA ARTE, April 28th – May 19th 2004, Galleria 9 Colonne Il Resto del Carlino, Ferrara (Catalogue).
- RIFLESSI, by Massimo Scalingella, Roma, Capannelle Hippodrome, January 2002.
- ARTISTI PER CASO, by Lucia Castagna, Enzo Gentile and Massimiliano Luzzati, Roma, Palazzo delle Esposizioni, December 2001. (Catalogue)
- SUGGESTIONI LONTANE, Roma, Shanti, June 2000.
- COLLETTIVA DI MOSAICO, Chiostri Francescani, Ravenna 1999
OTHER ACTIVITIES:#FEELTHEDIFFERENCE canvas and sculptures installation, 2nd Novembre 2016, SPAZIOANNILUCE ,Milano.
STEP09 MILANO- LA PIATTAFORMA DELLA NUOVA ARTE presentation of an abstract of collection ”IGiganti”, by Galleria de Bonis, 26th– 29th november 2010, via Olona 6- Milano
exhibition of one sculpture, three heads and one trunk, by Galleria de Bonis, 14th-18th October 2010, Verona
exhibition of two sculptures “I Giganti”, three heads and 6 “prisons”, by Galleria Studio MIC, 27th-30th November 2010.
REALIZATION OF MONOTYPE ENGRAVINGS for the CNEL’s (National committee for finance and labour) 50th anniversary, commissioned by AICESIS (International Association of Economic and Social Councils and Similar Institutions) on the occasion of their plenary session. Rome, June 2008
SCONFINAMENTI. DALLA “BUONA PITTURA” ALLA VIDEO-ART, by Sergio Rossi, Rome, Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant’Angelo, February 9th 2008 – April 20th 2008 . Cristiano Alviti was the art director and coordinator of the exhibition and of parallel events.
SCULPTURE: FOUNTAIN FOR PIAZZA APPIO CLAUDIO (COMMISSIONED BY ROME’S CITY COUNCIL), donation, realization and placing of a sculpted fountain in Piazza Appio Claudio (Municipio XIII).
ART BITE – WORKSHOP INTERNAZIONALE D’ARTE CONTEMPORANEA, collective work, seminars and making of an on-site piece of artwork, Vilnius (Lithuania) May 2007
REALIZATION OF COMMEMORATIVE MEDALS AND BRONZE STATUES FOR THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF ENPAM (Ente Nazionale di Provvidenza e Assistenza dei Medici Odontoiatrici), 2007
DESIGN AND MAKING OF A COMMEMORATIVE GOLD MEDAL,a present from ENPAM to Giorgio Napolitano, President of the Republic of Italy, 2007
FOUR-HANDED PAINTINGS, presented to Regione Lazio and later showcased at the European Commission (Brussels), 2007
I MARTEDÌ, Re Enzo Editore, BO, n° 250 March 2007, 64-page magazine, entirely illustrated with pictures of the artwork of “I ponti di Roma”
BALTICO – MEDITERRANEO. ITALIA E FINLANDIA A CONFRONTO, by Sergio Rossi, Rome, Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant’Angelo, January 23rd – April 10th 2007 . Cristiano Alviti was the art director and coordinator of the exhibition and of parallel events
DALLA TERRA – YOUNG ARTISTS FOR WORLD FOOD DAY, by Werner Bortolotti, Rome, Villa Piccolomini, October 18th/24th 2006. Art direction by Patrizio Alviti
LUISS GUIDO CARLI, Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali, academic year 2005/2006, painting and watercolour course – workshop aiming at extending the education offered by the University
GIGANTE#1, bronze fusion, 125 x 125 x 125 cm, became part of the collection of sculptures of the Foreign Office, on its premises in Lungotevere dell’Acqua Acetosa 42, Rome. October 2005
I MARTEDÌ, Re Enzo Editore, BO, n° 235 July – August 2005, 64-page magazine, entirely illustrated with pictures of the artwork of “Paesaggi dell’anima”
“ARBOREA#35”, acrylicdiptych on canvas, displayed at the “ARBOREA” exhibition (2003). Became part of the permanent collection of the QUADRERIA DEL CASTELLO SVEVO DI TRANI on May 2004